Jason Kipnis has a baseball-sized bruise on his back

Mar 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EST

Jason Kipnis was hit in the back with a Jeremy Guthrie fastball in Thursday’s 12-6 win over the Royals. He tweeted a picture of his battle scar — or in this case, battle bruise.

I can’t tell where exactly he got hit, but I’ll have all of my top men on the case.

Kipnis is fine, by the way. He was back in the starting lineup Friday afternoon and went 0-for-2 with a walk.

1. kcroyal - Mar 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Rub some dirt on it.

2. aceinthehole12 - Mar 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM

To echo my high school JV baseball coach: “We got ice !”

3. historiophiliac - Mar 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Wait, Wahoo underwear? For real?

• indaburg - Mar 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

For real. There are even Wahoo thongs. Depressing.

Major sun damage on his upper back too. Kipnis is a hot mess.

• historiophiliac - Mar 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM

That’s kind of a place I’d rather not see a smiling racist caricature. Mood killer!

• janessa31888 - Mar 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM

The Indians front office is so thick -headed it will likely require a command from the Commish himself to get them to completely eliminate Wahoo.

• historiophiliac - Mar 15, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Maybe soon we’ll see just hiding it on underwear as progress.

4. captainwisdom8888 - Mar 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM

if he got hit on those love handles it would have merely tickled

5. dcarroll73 - Mar 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM

They call it hardball for a reason. There have been infielders that have gone into cardiac arrest when line-drives hit them squarely over the heart. That is one impressive bruise though for a pitched ball. I used to enjoy the occasional stitching-pattern bruise on the chest from a line-drive in sandlot ball (it was always good for some sympathy – of course I realized if I hadn’t let it come up on me and I’d gloved it cleanly, then no bruise.)

6. strictlythedanks - Mar 15, 2014 at 2:33 AM

im craving some rare meat

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5256)
  2. M. Kemp (3127)
  3. W. Middlebrooks (2834)
  4. C. McGehee (2821)