Mar 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Not only did White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana struggle in yesterday’s start against the Angels, allowing seven runs in three innings, he almost didn’t make it to the ballpark in time to take the mound.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com and manager Robin Venutra explain:
“He got stuck in traffic,” Ventura said. “I don’t know if that was necessarily it, but I think getting in, the shin, getting back out there hopefully had something to do with it. He was up and in the zone. I think he just felt rushed. Everything was up, and they had some pretty good swings in there.”
Quintana could be seen racing across the field from the right-field entrance with his equipment bag slung over his shoulder sometime after 12:30 p.m. PST on Friday.
Athletes, they’re just like us!
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 0
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)