Mar 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Not only did White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana struggle in yesterday’s start against the Angels, allowing seven runs in three innings, he almost didn’t make it to the ballpark in time to take the mound.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com and manager Robin Venutra explain:
“He got stuck in traffic,” Ventura said. “I don’t know if that was necessarily it, but I think getting in, the shin, getting back out there hopefully had something to do with it. He was up and in the zone. I think he just felt rushed. Everything was up, and they had some pretty good swings in there.”
Quintana could be seen racing across the field from the right-field entrance with his equipment bag slung over his shoulder sometime after 12:30 p.m. PST on Friday.
Athletes, they’re just like us!
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)