Mar 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Not only did White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana struggle in yesterday’s start against the Angels, allowing seven runs in three innings, he almost didn’t make it to the ballpark in time to take the mound.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com and manager Robin Venutra explain:
“He got stuck in traffic,” Ventura said. “I don’t know if that was necessarily it, but I think getting in, the shin, getting back out there hopefully had something to do with it. He was up and in the zone. I think he just felt rushed. Everything was up, and they had some pretty good swings in there.”
Quintana could be seen racing across the field from the right-field entrance with his equipment bag slung over his shoulder sometime after 12:30 p.m. PST on Friday.
Athletes, they’re just like us!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)