Mar 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Marson was originally drafted by the Phillies back in 2004 and came up through their farm system before being traded to the Indians as part of the Cliff Lee deal in 2009.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com notes that the Phillies weren’t interested in stashing Marson at Triple-A because they have a younger catcher there who needs consistent work in Tommy Joseph, so they cut him loose early and he’ll try to latch on elsewhere.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Opening Day’s games (March 31). It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 1:05pm ET on Opening Day. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)