Mar 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn was removed from Sunday afternoon’s game against the Giants in the second inning due to a strained left hamstring. Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that the strain is considered “mild”. He will be reevaluated on Monday.
Bourn had surgery on the same hamstring back in mid-October, but showed up to camp in February feeling fine. Now entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians, Bourn had his worst season since 2010 last year, stealing only 23 bases in 35 attempts while hitting a meager .263.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (369)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (126)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)