Mar 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn was removed from Sunday afternoon’s game against the Giants in the second inning due to a strained left hamstring. Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that the strain is considered “mild”. He will be reevaluated on Monday.
Bourn had surgery on the same hamstring back in mid-October, but showed up to camp in February feeling fine. Now entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians, Bourn had his worst season since 2010 last year, stealing only 23 bases in 35 attempts while hitting a meager .263.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)