Mar 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn was removed from Sunday afternoon’s game against the Giants in the second inning due to a strained left hamstring. Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that the strain is considered “mild”. He will be reevaluated on Monday.
Bourn had surgery on the same hamstring back in mid-October, but showed up to camp in February feeling fine. Now entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians, Bourn had his worst season since 2010 last year, stealing only 23 bases in 35 attempts while hitting a meager .263.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)