Mar 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn was removed from Sunday afternoon’s game against the Giants in the second inning due to a strained left hamstring. Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that the strain is considered “mild”. He will be reevaluated on Monday.
Bourn had surgery on the same hamstring back in mid-October, but showed up to camp in February feeling fine. Now entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians, Bourn had his worst season since 2010 last year, stealing only 23 bases in 35 attempts while hitting a meager .263.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)