Mar 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn was removed from Sunday afternoon’s game against the Giants in the second inning due to a strained left hamstring. Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer reports that the strain is considered “mild”. He will be reevaluated on Monday.
Bourn had surgery on the same hamstring back in mid-October, but showed up to camp in February feeling fine. Now entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract with the Indians, Bourn had his worst season since 2010 last year, stealing only 23 bases in 35 attempts while hitting a meager .263.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)