Mar 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
With the Giants’ longtime left-handed batting practice specialist “Cutter John” Yandle on the mound, Bonds had an extended hitting session out of view of observers on the back field at Scottsdale Stadium.
According to Yandle, Bonds hit rope after rope and on his last few swings unloaded some massive blasts into the adjoining neighborhood.
“He looked better than he did before,” Yandle said. “He’s still got the swing down.”
Bonds says he can’t run anymore. But he can hit. Again, that’s one notch above a lot of guys who will play DH and play left field this year.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 93
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)