Mar 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
With the Giants’ longtime left-handed batting practice specialist “Cutter John” Yandle on the mound, Bonds had an extended hitting session out of view of observers on the back field at Scottsdale Stadium.
According to Yandle, Bonds hit rope after rope and on his last few swings unloaded some massive blasts into the adjoining neighborhood.
“He looked better than he did before,” Yandle said. “He’s still got the swing down.”
Bonds says he can’t run anymore. But he can hit. Again, that’s one notch above a lot of guys who will play DH and play left field this year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)