Mar 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
Ian Kinsler famously — and quite peevishly — wished his former team bad tidings after being traded, saying he wished they’d go 0-162 and calling his former GM Jon Daniels names. The guy he was traded for is a lot more magnanimous about his old mates.
This about the Tigers, from Jeff Passan’s feature on how Fielder is adjusting to Texas:
“I hope they win their division and have a great year,” Fielder said. “Unfortunately if they play us in the playoffs they might lose. If I didn’t say that, I’d be playing for the wrong team, wouldn’t I? I hope they have a great year. It’s a great bunch of guys, a great team.”
No sleazeballs among them? Not even one?
Read the entire article to hear about Fielder’s attitude. Which is the same as it ever was, really. Realistic and pretty level-headed. Despite how some Tigers fans felt about his alleged lack-of-engagement or caring as he left town.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 40
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)