Mar 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler famously — and quite peevishly — wished his former team bad tidings after being traded, saying he wished they’d go 0-162 and calling his former GM Jon Daniels names. The guy he was traded for is a lot more magnanimous about his old mates.
This about the Tigers, from Jeff Passan’s feature on how Fielder is adjusting to Texas:
“I hope they win their division and have a great year,” Fielder said. “Unfortunately if they play us in the playoffs they might lose. If I didn’t say that, I’d be playing for the wrong team, wouldn’t I? I hope they have a great year. It’s a great bunch of guys, a great team.”
No sleazeballs among them? Not even one?
Read the entire article to hear about Fielder’s attitude. Which is the same as it ever was, really. Realistic and pretty level-headed. Despite how some Tigers fans felt about his alleged lack-of-engagement or caring as he left town.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (136)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)