Mar 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler famously — and quite peevishly — wished his former team bad tidings after being traded, saying he wished they’d go 0-162 and calling his former GM Jon Daniels names. The guy he was traded for is a lot more magnanimous about his old mates.
This about the Tigers, from Jeff Passan’s feature on how Fielder is adjusting to Texas:
“I hope they win their division and have a great year,” Fielder said. “Unfortunately if they play us in the playoffs they might lose. If I didn’t say that, I’d be playing for the wrong team, wouldn’t I? I hope they have a great year. It’s a great bunch of guys, a great team.”
No sleazeballs among them? Not even one?
Read the entire article to hear about Fielder’s attitude. Which is the same as it ever was, really. Realistic and pretty level-headed. Despite how some Tigers fans felt about his alleged lack-of-engagement or caring as he left town.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11