Mar 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler famously — and quite peevishly — wished his former team bad tidings after being traded, saying he wished they’d go 0-162 and calling his former GM Jon Daniels names. The guy he was traded for is a lot more magnanimous about his old mates.
This about the Tigers, from Jeff Passan’s feature on how Fielder is adjusting to Texas:
“I hope they win their division and have a great year,” Fielder said. “Unfortunately if they play us in the playoffs they might lose. If I didn’t say that, I’d be playing for the wrong team, wouldn’t I? I hope they have a great year. It’s a great bunch of guys, a great team.”
No sleazeballs among them? Not even one?
Read the entire article to hear about Fielder’s attitude. Which is the same as it ever was, really. Realistic and pretty level-headed. Despite how some Tigers fans felt about his alleged lack-of-engagement or caring as he left town.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)