Mar 17, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has an interesting note about Rockies backup outfielder Brandon Barnes, who’s been training while wearing an altitude deprivation mask to prep for playing at Coors Field.
I know this is a very Calcaterra-like thing to write a post about, but Barnes basically looks like Bane (admittedly with a much, much better haircut than both Bane and Calcaterra, but still).
Colorado Springs is the team’s Triple-A affiliate, so even if Barnes doesn’t crack the Rockies’ big-league roster for Opening Day it’ll still come in handy.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)