Mar 17, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has an interesting note about Rockies backup outfielder Brandon Barnes, who’s been training while wearing an altitude deprivation mask to prep for playing at Coors Field.
I know this is a very Calcaterra-like thing to write a post about, but Barnes basically looks like Bane (admittedly with a much, much better haircut than both Bane and Calcaterra, but still).
Colorado Springs is the team’s Triple-A affiliate, so even if Barnes doesn’t crack the Rockies’ big-league roster for Opening Day it’ll still come in handy.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 34
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 51
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)