Mar 17, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has an interesting note about Rockies backup outfielder Brandon Barnes, who’s been training while wearing an altitude deprivation mask to prep for playing at Coors Field.
I know this is a very Calcaterra-like thing to write a post about, but Barnes basically looks like Bane (admittedly with a much, much better haircut than both Bane and Calcaterra, but still).
Colorado Springs is the team’s Triple-A affiliate, so even if Barnes doesn’t crack the Rockies’ big-league roster for Opening Day it’ll still come in handy.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)