Mar 17, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has an interesting note about Rockies backup outfielder Brandon Barnes, who’s been training while wearing an altitude deprivation mask to prep for playing at Coors Field.
I know this is a very Calcaterra-like thing to write a post about, but Barnes basically looks like Bane (admittedly with a much, much better haircut than both Bane and Calcaterra, but still).
Colorado Springs is the team’s Triple-A affiliate, so even if Barnes doesn’t crack the Rockies’ big-league roster for Opening Day it’ll still come in handy.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 7
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 9
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)