Mar 17, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Remember last month how the Nationals were using drones for some promotional purpose or another? It appears they didn’t get approval for that, which is required by the FAA. They’re not in trouble — the FAA only acts on complaints or if they otherwise knew about the unauthorized drone use — and the Nats only did it for a day or so.
And not only did they get away with it, but the team’s response to the reporter’s request for comment was pretty darn sharp too:
“No, we didn’t get it cleared, but we don’t get our pop flies cleared either and those go higher than this thing did,”
That’s some pretty good anti-government red tap Nattitude.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 14
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86