Mar 17, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Scary scene in Goodyear at today’s Reds-Indians game. Umpire Brad Myers left the game after being hit “in groin region” by a Brandon Phillips line drive. He was down on the field for several minutes but then was up under his own power and taken from the field on a golf cart.
The game was already being officiated by only three field umpires. MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports that replay umpire John Tumpane, who was in the replay truck, replaced Myers on the field. MLB umpire supervisor Randy Marsh happened to be in attendance at Goodyear, and he is taking over as the replay umpire.
Tough way to leave a game for Myers. Nice coverage by the rest of the crew.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)