Mar 17, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Scary scene in Goodyear at today’s Reds-Indians game. Umpire Brad Myers left the game after being hit “in groin region” by a Brandon Phillips line drive. He was down on the field for several minutes but then was up under his own power and taken from the field on a golf cart.
The game was already being officiated by only three field umpires. MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports that replay umpire John Tumpane, who was in the replay truck, replaced Myers on the field. MLB umpire supervisor Randy Marsh happened to be in attendance at Goodyear, and he is taking over as the replay umpire.
Tough way to leave a game for Myers. Nice coverage by the rest of the crew.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)