Mar 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Bo Jackson is in White Sox camp today. Adam Dunn is quite the admirer of Bo’s. So much so that he broke his lifelong streak of literacy avoidance in order to learn more about the guy:
Adam Dunn said the only book he has ever read is “Bo Knows Bo.”
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) March 18, 2014
I find this hard to believe. I imagine if you walked around the University of Texas campus in the fall of 1998, you could see Freshman Adam Dunn sitting in a nice sunny spot of the grassy quad reading a copy of “Gravity’s Rainbow.” Or maybe Dostoyevsky. I feel like Dunn maybe wrestles with those sorts of literary issues.
Or maybe he’s just paid to be a ballplayer. Could be either one.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86