Mar 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Bo Jackson is in White Sox camp today. Adam Dunn is quite the admirer of Bo’s. So much so that he broke his lifelong streak of literacy avoidance in order to learn more about the guy:
Adam Dunn said the only book he has ever read is “Bo Knows Bo.”
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) March 18, 2014
I find this hard to believe. I imagine if you walked around the University of Texas campus in the fall of 1998, you could see Freshman Adam Dunn sitting in a nice sunny spot of the grassy quad reading a copy of “Gravity’s Rainbow.” Or maybe Dostoyevsky. I feel like Dunn maybe wrestles with those sorts of literary issues.
Or maybe he’s just paid to be a ballplayer. Could be either one.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69