Mar 18, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Miller, a right-handed pitcher with experience as a starter and reliever, was selected 31st overall by the Tribe in the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft and was rated as the Indians’ top prospect four years in a row (2004-2007) by Baseball America before flaming out due in large part to a nagging right hand injury.
Miller spent the 2013 season with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League, posting a 4.79 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, and 36/26 K/BB ratio in 62 innings (five starts and 31 relief appearances). The 29-year-old is doubtful to make it to the bigs.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (102)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)