Mar 18, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
Miller, a right-handed pitcher with experience as a starter and reliever, was selected 31st overall by the Tribe in the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft and was rated as the Indians’ top prospect four years in a row (2004-2007) by Baseball America before flaming out due in large part to a nagging right hand injury.
Miller spent the 2013 season with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League, posting a 4.79 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, and 36/26 K/BB ratio in 62 innings (five starts and 31 relief appearances). The 29-year-old is doubtful to make it to the bigs.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)