Mar 18, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Miller, a right-handed pitcher with experience as a starter and reliever, was selected 31st overall by the Tribe in the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft and was rated as the Indians’ top prospect four years in a row (2004-2007) by Baseball America before flaming out due in large part to a nagging right hand injury.
Miller spent the 2013 season with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League, posting a 4.79 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, and 36/26 K/BB ratio in 62 innings (five starts and 31 relief appearances). The 29-year-old is doubtful to make it to the bigs.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)