Mar 18, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Miller, a right-handed pitcher with experience as a starter and reliever, was selected 31st overall by the Tribe in the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft and was rated as the Indians’ top prospect four years in a row (2004-2007) by Baseball America before flaming out due in large part to a nagging right hand injury.
Miller spent the 2013 season with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League, posting a 4.79 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, and 36/26 K/BB ratio in 62 innings (five starts and 31 relief appearances). The 29-year-old is doubtful to make it to the bigs.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 26
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)