Mar 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
The Yankees and Red Sox are playing a game in Steinbrenner Field in Tampa right now. It’s delayed. Why?
Yankees/Red Sox is currently being delayed by a bee invasion. Friendly reminder that Florida is terrible and you should never visit.
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) March 18, 2014
A swarm of bees in left field at George Steinbrenner Field has delayed Sox-Yankees game.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) March 18, 2014
Thankfully the grounds crew is on the case. But they have help from Mark Teixeira:
Mark Teixeira is holding up two bottles of honey as stadium workers spray left field with insect spray.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 18, 2014
Mark Teixeira has two bottles of honey in his hand and is waving them around. I am not joking.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) March 18, 2014
After the game, Teixeira explained what he was doing:
“What I thought was, if you could just do a line of honey out to the parking lot, the bees would maybe follow it, and then just leave us alone.”
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it’s also kind of brilliant.
Anyway, here’s this:
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 16
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 179
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 103
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (200)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)