Mar 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
The Yankees and Red Sox are playing a game in Steinbrenner Field in Tampa right now. It’s delayed. Why?
Yankees/Red Sox is currently being delayed by a bee invasion. Friendly reminder that Florida is terrible and you should never visit.
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) March 18, 2014
A swarm of bees in left field at George Steinbrenner Field has delayed Sox-Yankees game.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) March 18, 2014
Thankfully the grounds crew is on the case. But they have help from Mark Teixeira:
Mark Teixeira is holding up two bottles of honey as stadium workers spray left field with insect spray.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 18, 2014
Mark Teixeira has two bottles of honey in his hand and is waving them around. I am not joking.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) March 18, 2014
After the game, Teixeira explained what he was doing:
“What I thought was, if you could just do a line of honey out to the parking lot, the bees would maybe follow it, and then just leave us alone.”
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it’s also kind of brilliant.
Anyway, here’s this:
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)