Mar 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
The Yankees and Red Sox are playing a game in Steinbrenner Field in Tampa right now. It’s delayed. Why?
Yankees/Red Sox is currently being delayed by a bee invasion. Friendly reminder that Florida is terrible and you should never visit.
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) March 18, 2014
A swarm of bees in left field at George Steinbrenner Field has delayed Sox-Yankees game.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) March 18, 2014
Thankfully the grounds crew is on the case. But they have help from Mark Teixeira:
Mark Teixeira is holding up two bottles of honey as stadium workers spray left field with insect spray.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) March 18, 2014
Mark Teixeira has two bottles of honey in his hand and is waving them around. I am not joking.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) March 18, 2014
After the game, Teixeira explained what he was doing:
“What I thought was, if you could just do a line of honey out to the parking lot, the bees would maybe follow it, and then just leave us alone.”
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it’s also kind of brilliant.
Anyway, here’s this:
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)