Mar 19, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
I haven’t been following the Mets’ roster moves too terribly closely this spring so maybe this isn’t news to hardcore Mets fans, but Jon Heyman says that he believes both Jose Valverde and Daisuke Matsuzaka are expected to make the Mets’ 25-man roster. Matsuzaka should make the rotation.
The two veterans have some things in common. Both were in Mets camp on minor league deals. Both had dreadful 2013 seasons. Both tend to exasperate their teams’ fans and inspire chuckles in opponents’ fans when they’re called into games. But both have also had success in the past too, and with the Mets largely in a holding pattern for 2015 and/or the return of Matt Harvey (whichever comes first) there’s some amount of sense in getting as much mileage out of these old war horses as they can.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)