Mar 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ruf suffered a strained left oblique while taking batting practice before the Phillies’ split-squad game in Kissimmee on Thursday afternoon. He was scratched from the lineup and will be evaluated Friday.
As Salisbury notes, this could be a big blow to him making the roster out of spring training. Ruf Ruf is fighting for a bench outfielder/backup first base job with multiple candidates like Bobby Abreu, Tony Gwynn Jr. and John Mayberry Jr.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)