Mar 20, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Fun stuff from that Dodgers-Australia game this morning:
Yes, that was a strong throw from Puig. But I feel like this is way more on the Australian third base coach than on Puig’s cannon. I mean, a hot shot on what everyone says is a fast track is fielded by a strong-armed right fielder about 50 feet short of the grass line? On the run? And you send a dude named “Walker?” I feel like this play was decided pretty early on in its development.
Anyway, if you can’t tell, I’m kind of excited by baseball being back. Even if it’s an international exhibition a gabillion miles away airing at 4am.
As for the game: the Dodgers beat team Australia 4-2, thanks in part to this play and thanks much more to Puig’s two-run homer in the eighth which tied the game up. The winning run was scored by Chone Figgins who walked, took third on an error and then came home on a passed ball.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)