Mar 20, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Fun stuff from that Dodgers-Australia game this morning:
Yes, that was a strong throw from Puig. But I feel like this is way more on the Australian third base coach than on Puig’s cannon. I mean, a hot shot on what everyone says is a fast track is fielded by a strong-armed right fielder about 50 feet short of the grass line? On the run? And you send a dude named “Walker?” I feel like this play was decided pretty early on in its development.
Anyway, if you can’t tell, I’m kind of excited by baseball being back. Even if it’s an international exhibition a gabillion miles away airing at 4am.
As for the game: the Dodgers beat team Australia 4-2, thanks in part to this play and thanks much more to Puig’s two-run homer in the eighth which tied the game up. The winning run was scored by Chone Figgins who walked, took third on an error and then came home on a passed ball.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 4
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)