Mar 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
This is basically the blog post I was born to write.
Major League Baseball is partnering with the dating website Match.com for fan pages that “allow the website’s users to connect with singles who are fans of particular clubs.”
In other words, I could go on Match.com and find all the female Twins fans and then we could go on a date to Target Field and be really sad about how horrible our team is. I specialize in sad dates anyway, so I might actually give it a try.
Here’s a quote from MLB Advanced Media executive vice president of revenue Noah Garden:
The Match.com conversation is one we’ve had on and off over the years to see if there’s something we could do together. The idea is put like people together with similar interest and passion. There’s still always room for more butts in the seats.
So it’s mostly another way for MLB to sell people tickets online, but still.
I’m sure plenty of people would want to date someone with the same favorite team, but I’ll bet even more people would want to date someone who doesn’t like their favorite team’s rival. So a way for, say, a Red Sox fan to rule out Yankees fans or a Brewers fan to rule out people who don’t drink paint thinner in parking lots before games might be an even better idea.
(Just kidding. I once dated a Brewers fan and she drank relatively little paint thinner on a day-to-day basis.)
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)