Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The photos we use here at HBT come from Getty and the Associated Press for the most part. We get them from an archive in which the photos appear with captions and descriptions already supplied. They’re usually straightforward. “Joe Shlabotnik fields a ground ball during the Mudville-Hooterville game in Hooterville Stadium on June 5, 2013. Hooterville, Nebraska. (Getty Images).”
The ones coming in from Australia this morning are pretty fun. Take this pic:
Here’s the caption.
A baseball “match.” That’s just splendid. We should start using that.
Trivial? Absolutely. But it made me giggle.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54