Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The photos we use here at HBT come from Getty and the Associated Press for the most part. We get them from an archive in which the photos appear with captions and descriptions already supplied. They’re usually straightforward. “Joe Shlabotnik fields a ground ball during the Mudville-Hooterville game in Hooterville Stadium on June 5, 2013. Hooterville, Nebraska. (Getty Images).”
The ones coming in from Australia this morning are pretty fun. Take this pic:
Here’s the caption.
A baseball “match.” That’s just splendid. We should start using that.
Trivial? Absolutely. But it made me giggle.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)