Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
The photos we use here at HBT come from Getty and the Associated Press for the most part. We get them from an archive in which the photos appear with captions and descriptions already supplied. They’re usually straightforward. “Joe Shlabotnik fields a ground ball during the Mudville-Hooterville game in Hooterville Stadium on June 5, 2013. Hooterville, Nebraska. (Getty Images).”
The ones coming in from Australia this morning are pretty fun. Take this pic:
Here’s the caption.
A baseball “match.” That’s just splendid. We should start using that.
Trivial? Absolutely. But it made me giggle.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (110)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)