Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The photos we use here at HBT come from Getty and the Associated Press for the most part. We get them from an archive in which the photos appear with captions and descriptions already supplied. They’re usually straightforward. “Joe Shlabotnik fields a ground ball during the Mudville-Hooterville game in Hooterville Stadium on June 5, 2013. Hooterville, Nebraska. (Getty Images).”
The ones coming in from Australia this morning are pretty fun. Take this pic:
Here’s the caption.
A baseball “match.” That’s just splendid. We should start using that.
Trivial? Absolutely. But it made me giggle.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)