Mar 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Machado‘s doctor, Neal ElAttrache, keeps giving updates on the third baseman’s status to ESPN before telling the Orioles and it’s starting to annoy manager Buck Showalter.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that Showalter “purposely didn’t mention ElAttrache by name” during a postgame interview with the local media and replied “I’ll let ESPN take care of that” to a question about Machado.
ElAttrache is the Dodgers’ orthopedic surgeon and, while not as well known as Dr. James Andrews, frequently appears in media reports. This time he’s quoted in an article by Stephania Bell of ESPN.com, although you’d think Showalter would be a little more forgiving about the situation considering all of the news about Machado is pretty positive.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 7
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76