Mar 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Manny Machado‘s doctor, Neal ElAttrache, keeps giving updates on the third baseman’s status to ESPN before telling the Orioles and it’s starting to annoy manager Buck Showalter.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that Showalter “purposely didn’t mention ElAttrache by name” during a postgame interview with the local media and replied “I’ll let ESPN take care of that” to a question about Machado.
ElAttrache is the Dodgers’ orthopedic surgeon and, while not as well known as Dr. James Andrews, frequently appears in media reports. This time he’s quoted in an article by Stephania Bell of ESPN.com, although you’d think Showalter would be a little more forgiving about the situation considering all of the news about Machado is pretty positive.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)