Mar 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Machado‘s doctor, Neal ElAttrache, keeps giving updates on the third baseman’s status to ESPN before telling the Orioles and it’s starting to annoy manager Buck Showalter.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that Showalter “purposely didn’t mention ElAttrache by name” during a postgame interview with the local media and replied “I’ll let ESPN take care of that” to a question about Machado.
ElAttrache is the Dodgers’ orthopedic surgeon and, while not as well known as Dr. James Andrews, frequently appears in media reports. This time he’s quoted in an article by Stephania Bell of ESPN.com, although you’d think Showalter would be a little more forgiving about the situation considering all of the news about Machado is pretty positive.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)