Mar 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Machado‘s doctor, Neal ElAttrache, keeps giving updates on the third baseman’s status to ESPN before telling the Orioles and it’s starting to annoy manager Buck Showalter.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that Showalter “purposely didn’t mention ElAttrache by name” during a postgame interview with the local media and replied “I’ll let ESPN take care of that” to a question about Machado.
ElAttrache is the Dodgers’ orthopedic surgeon and, while not as well known as Dr. James Andrews, frequently appears in media reports. This time he’s quoted in an article by Stephania Bell of ESPN.com, although you’d think Showalter would be a little more forgiving about the situation considering all of the news about Machado is pretty positive.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 129
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 27
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39