Mar 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Vance Worley was the main piece the Twins received in the Ben Revere trade last offseason and then started on Opening Day … and now he’s headed to Triple-A after being placed on waivers and going unclaimed by the other 29 teams.
In between he had a miserable season in which he went 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA for the Twins, wasn’t much better at Triple-A, and missed time with arm problems.
Worley is still just 26 years old and had a 3.50 ERA in 278 innings for the Phillies before the trade, but his raw stuff was always marginal and he’s had elbow issues dating back to late 2012.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game, as they’re announced… 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)