Mar 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Vance Worley was the main piece the Twins received in the Ben Revere trade last offseason and then started on Opening Day … and now he’s headed to Triple-A after being placed on waivers and going unclaimed by the other 29 teams.
In between he had a miserable season in which he went 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA for the Twins, wasn’t much better at Triple-A, and missed time with arm problems.
Worley is still just 26 years old and had a 3.50 ERA in 278 innings for the Phillies before the trade, but his raw stuff was always marginal and he’s had elbow issues dating back to late 2012.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)