Mar 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Vance Worley was the main piece the Twins received in the Ben Revere trade last offseason and then started on Opening Day … and now he’s headed to Triple-A after being placed on waivers and going unclaimed by the other 29 teams.
In between he had a miserable season in which he went 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA for the Twins, wasn’t much better at Triple-A, and missed time with arm problems.
Worley is still just 26 years old and had a 3.50 ERA in 278 innings for the Phillies before the trade, but his raw stuff was always marginal and he’s had elbow issues dating back to late 2012.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 167
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 134
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (137)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)