Mar 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Brewers announced this morning that they have exercised their 2015 club option on manager Ron Roenicke. They have also added a 2016 club option to his contract.
Roenicke is entering his fourth season as Milwaukee manager. He owns a 253-233 record (.521) as skipper thus far. After winning a franchise record 96 games and the National League Central in his first season at the helm, the Brewers finished in third place in 2012 and dropped to fourth place last year.
With today’s announcement, Roenicke will at least avoid the dreaded “lame duck status” this year.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)