Mar 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
The Brewers announced this morning that they have exercised their 2015 club option on manager Ron Roenicke. They have also added a 2016 club option to his contract.
Roenicke is entering his fourth season as Milwaukee manager. He owns a 253-233 record (.521) as skipper thus far. After winning a franchise record 96 games and the National League Central in his first season at the helm, the Brewers finished in third place in 2012 and dropped to fourth place last year.
With today’s announcement, Roenicke will at least avoid the dreaded “lame duck status” this year.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)