Mar 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
The Brewers announced this morning that they have exercised their 2015 club option on manager Ron Roenicke. They have also added a 2016 club option to his contract.
Roenicke is entering his fourth season as Milwaukee manager. He owns a 253-233 record (.521) as skipper thus far. After winning a franchise record 96 games and the National League Central in his first season at the helm, the Brewers finished in third place in 2012 and dropped to fourth place last year.
With today’s announcement, Roenicke will at least avoid the dreaded “lame duck status” this year.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)