Mar 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Brewers announced this morning that they have exercised their 2015 club option on manager Ron Roenicke. They have also added a 2016 club option to his contract.
Roenicke is entering his fourth season as Milwaukee manager. He owns a 253-233 record (.521) as skipper thus far. After winning a franchise record 96 games and the National League Central in his first season at the helm, the Brewers finished in third place in 2012 and dropped to fourth place last year.
With today’s announcement, Roenicke will at least avoid the dreaded “lame duck status” this year.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)