Mar 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Brewers announced this morning that they have exercised their 2015 club option on manager Ron Roenicke. They have also added a 2016 club option to his contract.
Roenicke is entering his fourth season as Milwaukee manager. He owns a 253-233 record (.521) as skipper thus far. After winning a franchise record 96 games and the National League Central in his first season at the helm, the Brewers finished in third place in 2012 and dropped to fourth place last year.
With today’s announcement, Roenicke will at least avoid the dreaded “lame duck status” this year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)