Mar 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Orioles have claimed infielder David Adams on outright waivers from the Indians, MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports. As a result, the Indians have purchased infielder Elliot Johnson‘s contract and placed him on the 40-man roster. To make room for Adams, the Orioles designated Kelvin de la Cruz for assignment, MASN’s Roch Kubakto reports.
Adams, 26, signed as a free agent with the Indians in December after posting a .537 OPS in 152 plate appearances with the Yankees.
Johnson, 30, hasn’t had better results in four years in the Majors, as he has a career .592 OPS in 806 PA. However, he impressed in the Cactus League, slashing .350/.381/.650 in 40 at-bats.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)