Mar 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Orioles have claimed infielder David Adams on outright waivers from the Indians, MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports. As a result, the Indians have purchased infielder Elliot Johnson‘s contract and placed him on the 40-man roster. To make room for Adams, the Orioles designated Kelvin de la Cruz for assignment, MASN’s Roch Kubakto reports.
Adams, 26, signed as a free agent with the Indians in December after posting a .537 OPS in 152 plate appearances with the Yankees.
Johnson, 30, hasn’t had better results in four years in the Majors, as he has a career .592 OPS in 806 PA. However, he impressed in the Cactus League, slashing .350/.381/.650 in 40 at-bats.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)