Mar 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Orioles have claimed infielder David Adams on outright waivers from the Indians, MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports. As a result, the Indians have purchased infielder Elliot Johnson‘s contract and placed him on the 40-man roster. To make room for Adams, the Orioles designated Kelvin de la Cruz for assignment, MASN’s Roch Kubakto reports.
Adams, 26, signed as a free agent with the Indians in December after posting a .537 OPS in 152 plate appearances with the Yankees.
Johnson, 30, hasn’t had better results in four years in the Majors, as he has a career .592 OPS in 806 PA. However, he impressed in the Cactus League, slashing .350/.381/.650 in 40 at-bats.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)