Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Schumaker suffered the injury while attempting to make a diving catch in the seventh inning yesterday. Reds trainer Paul Lessard was able to pop his shoulder back into place after he left the field. Schumaker was worried that he would be facing a similar situation as new teammate Ryan Ludwick, who tore the labrum in his shoulder on Opening Day last year and ended up missing four months, so the diagnosis is pretty good news under the circumstances.
The owner a .285/.344/.372 batting line in the majors, Schumaker signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Reds over the winter.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)