Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Schumaker suffered the injury while attempting to make a diving catch in the seventh inning yesterday. Reds trainer Paul Lessard was able to pop his shoulder back into place after he left the field. Schumaker was worried that he would be facing a similar situation as new teammate Ryan Ludwick, who tore the labrum in his shoulder on Opening Day last year and ended up missing four months, so the diagnosis is pretty good news under the circumstances.
The owner a .285/.344/.372 batting line in the majors, Schumaker signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Reds over the winter.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)