Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Schumaker suffered the injury while attempting to make a diving catch in the seventh inning yesterday. Reds trainer Paul Lessard was able to pop his shoulder back into place after he left the field. Schumaker was worried that he would be facing a similar situation as new teammate Ryan Ludwick, who tore the labrum in his shoulder on Opening Day last year and ended up missing four months, so the diagnosis is pretty good news under the circumstances.
The owner a .285/.344/.372 batting line in the majors, Schumaker signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Reds over the winter.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)