Mar 22, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Schumaker suffered the injury while attempting to make a diving catch in the seventh inning yesterday. Reds trainer Paul Lessard was able to pop his shoulder back into place after he left the field. Schumaker was worried that he would be facing a similar situation as new teammate Ryan Ludwick, who tore the labrum in his shoulder on Opening Day last year and ended up missing four months, so the diagnosis is pretty good news under the circumstances.
The owner a .285/.344/.372 batting line in the majors, Schumaker signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Reds over the winter.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 0
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 16
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)