Mar 23, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
The A’s are making some final Opening Day roster determinations Sunday in camp and announced to reporters that right-hander Ryan Cook and utility outfielder Craig Gentry are going to need season-opening stints on the 15-day disabled list.
Cook was slowed this spring by shoulder inflammation but should be ready to join the A’s bullpen when first eligible on April 4. He is expected to serve as one of the primary setup men this summer for new Oakland closer Jim Johnson.
Gentry is still recovering from a lower back strain that he suffered in late February. He was acquired from the Rangers this winter via trade and is currently eyeing a mid-April debut.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)