Mar 23, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
The A’s are making some final Opening Day roster determinations Sunday in camp and announced to reporters that right-hander Ryan Cook and utility outfielder Craig Gentry are going to need season-opening stints on the 15-day disabled list.
Cook was slowed this spring by shoulder inflammation but should be ready to join the A’s bullpen when first eligible on April 4. He is expected to serve as one of the primary setup men this summer for new Oakland closer Jim Johnson.
Gentry is still recovering from a lower back strain that he suffered in late February. He was acquired from the Rangers this winter via trade and is currently eyeing a mid-April debut.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)