Mar 23, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
The A’s are making some final Opening Day roster determinations Sunday in camp and announced to reporters that right-hander Ryan Cook and utility outfielder Craig Gentry are going to need season-opening stints on the 15-day disabled list.
Cook was slowed this spring by shoulder inflammation but should be ready to join the A’s bullpen when first eligible on April 4. He is expected to serve as one of the primary setup men this summer for new Oakland closer Jim Johnson.
Gentry is still recovering from a lower back strain that he suffered in late February. He was acquired from the Rangers this winter via trade and is currently eyeing a mid-April debut.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)