Mar 23, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
The A’s are making some final Opening Day roster determinations Sunday in camp and announced to reporters that right-hander Ryan Cook and utility outfielder Craig Gentry are going to need season-opening stints on the 15-day disabled list.
Cook was slowed this spring by shoulder inflammation but should be ready to join the A’s bullpen when first eligible on April 4. He is expected to serve as one of the primary setup men this summer for new Oakland closer Jim Johnson.
Gentry is still recovering from a lower back strain that he suffered in late February. He was acquired from the Rangers this winter via trade and is currently eyeing a mid-April debut.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 29
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (208)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)