Mar 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The Rangers have been bitten hard by the injury bug, and they will now add another key player to the infirmary. Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Times reports that Profar has a torn teres major muscle and will be out 10-12 weeks. He does not need to undergo surgery, according to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Profar, the heir to Ian Kinsler at second base, has had a very rough spring. He dealt with flexor tendinitis in his right arm in early March, then he had to have four wisdom teeth removed two weeks later.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers will attempt to replace Profar with internal options, but it remains unclear if prospect Rougned Odor is in the mix. Odor, 20, got his first taste of competition above A-ball last season. In 144 plate appearances with Double-A Frisco, Odor hit .306 with an .884 OPS. The Rangers’ other internal options include Josh Wilson and Brent Lillibridge.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)