Mar 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rangers have been bitten hard by the injury bug, and they will now add another key player to the infirmary. Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Times reports that Profar has a torn teres major muscle and will be out 10-12 weeks. He does not need to undergo surgery, according to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Profar, the heir to Ian Kinsler at second base, has had a very rough spring. He dealt with flexor tendinitis in his right arm in early March, then he had to have four wisdom teeth removed two weeks later.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers will attempt to replace Profar with internal options, but it remains unclear if prospect Rougned Odor is in the mix. Odor, 20, got his first taste of competition above A-ball last season. In 144 plate appearances with Double-A Frisco, Odor hit .306 with an .884 OPS. The Rangers’ other internal options include Josh Wilson and Brent Lillibridge.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)