Mar 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
As of late last month there were numerous reports about the Angels and Mike Trout working on a massive long-term contract extension, but as Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com notes that talk has gone silent recently.
Gonzalez asked Trout what the extension rumors being quiet meant and here’s how the Angels center fielder replied:
I haven’t heard anything, either. Is that good or bad? Uh, I don’t know if it’s good or bad. I’m just getting ready for the season, worried about getting off to a good start.
Trout indicated that there hasn’t been a snag in the negotiations, but mostly he just didn’t want to talk about the situation at all.
Unlike, say, Max Scherzer‘s extension talks with the Tigers there’s no strict self-imposed deadline in Trout’s case and he’s under the Angels’ control through 2017.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)