Mar 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
As of late last month there were numerous reports about the Angels and Mike Trout working on a massive long-term contract extension, but as Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com notes that talk has gone silent recently.
Gonzalez asked Trout what the extension rumors being quiet meant and here’s how the Angels center fielder replied:
I haven’t heard anything, either. Is that good or bad? Uh, I don’t know if it’s good or bad. I’m just getting ready for the season, worried about getting off to a good start.
Trout indicated that there hasn’t been a snag in the negotiations, but mostly he just didn’t want to talk about the situation at all.
Unlike, say, Max Scherzer‘s extension talks with the Tigers there’s no strict self-imposed deadline in Trout’s case and he’s under the Angels’ control through 2017.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (93)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)