Mar 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball has announced that Rays pitcher Alex Colome has been suspended 50 games for taking the PED Boldenone. It’s an anabolic steroid, typically used for horses.
Colome, 25, made three starts for the Rays last year. He’s on the 40-man roster. He is currently with Durham, but had a good chance to contribute with the big club this year. He’s a hard thrower with a history of elbow ligament problems. Take your pick as to which of those traits the drugs were intended to augment and/or fix.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)