Mar 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
For now general manager Jon Daniels is saying the Rangers could simply push back Darvish’s start, basically moving him to the end of the rotation, which wouldn’t require placing him on the disabled list.
Darvish was initially scratched from his scheduled start Friday when he woke up with a stiff neck and … well, basically every piece of injury news for the Rangers has been a bummer lately, so this fits. Texas was already beginning the season without Derek Holland and Matt Harrison in the rotation.
Despite dealing with back and hip problems last season Darvish was fantastic for the Rangers, starting 32 games and logging 210 innings with a 2.83 ERA and MLB-leading 277 strikeouts.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)