Mar 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
For now general manager Jon Daniels is saying the Rangers could simply push back Darvish’s start, basically moving him to the end of the rotation, which wouldn’t require placing him on the disabled list.
Darvish was initially scratched from his scheduled start Friday when he woke up with a stiff neck and … well, basically every piece of injury news for the Rangers has been a bummer lately, so this fits. Texas was already beginning the season without Derek Holland and Matt Harrison in the rotation.
Despite dealing with back and hip problems last season Darvish was fantastic for the Rangers, starting 32 games and logging 210 innings with a 2.83 ERA and MLB-leading 277 strikeouts.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69