Mar 25, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Nota big trade, but a trade anyway:
— Dustin Morse (@Twins_morsecode) March 25, 2014
Worley was the Twins’ Opening Day starter last year. But he was miserable in 2013, 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA and suffering with arm problems. Last week the Twins waived him and he went unclaimed, and he was slated for the minors.
As an upside play, not a terrible one for the Pirates. They can stash him in the minors and see if he remembers that he used to be a halfway decent starter in the National League in 2011 and 2012. If he figures it out, great. He was almost free. If he doesn’t, great, he was almost free.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)