Mar 25, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Nota big trade, but a trade anyway:
— Dustin Morse (@Twins_morsecode) March 25, 2014
Worley was the Twins’ Opening Day starter last year. But he was miserable in 2013, 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA and suffering with arm problems. Last week the Twins waived him and he went unclaimed, and he was slated for the minors.
As an upside play, not a terrible one for the Pirates. They can stash him in the minors and see if he remembers that he used to be a halfway decent starter in the National League in 2011 and 2012. If he figures it out, great. He was almost free. If he doesn’t, great, he was almost free.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)