Mar 26, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander David Aardsma just signed a minor-league deal with the Cardinals, which wouldn’t be particularly newsworthy except for the fact that Aardsma was very outspoken on Twitter back when the Cardinals signed Jhonny Peralta to a four-year, $53 million deal in November.
Here’s an Aardsma tweet from the day Peralta signed, November 23:
Apparently getting suspended for PED’s means you get a raise. What’s stopping anyone from doing it? #weneedtomakeachange
— David Aardsma (@TheDA53) November 24, 2013
I wonder if that topic will come up during clubhouse introductions today?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8