Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Sure, the Diamondbacks lost both games to the Dodgers during the season-opening series in Australia, but Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock still had a productive time in Sydney.
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com writes that Pollock proposed to his girlfriend, who’s from Australia, “while at the Bondi Beach cliff walk.”
Gilbert notes that they met back in college at Notre Dame, where Pollock was on the baseball team and she was on the lacrosse team. Everyone say it with me now: Aww.
On a related note: After a decade as a reluctant BlackBerry user I finally got an iPhone this week. I joined Tinder, because whatever, and probably my No. 1 complaint about it so far is the lack of Australian lacrosse players to choose from.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)