Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks lost both games to the Dodgers during the season-opening series in Australia, but Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock still had a productive time in Sydney.
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com writes that Pollock proposed to his girlfriend, who’s from Australia, “while at the Bondi Beach cliff walk.”
Gilbert notes that they met back in college at Notre Dame, where Pollock was on the baseball team and she was on the lacrosse team. Everyone say it with me now: Aww.
On a related note: After a decade as a reluctant BlackBerry user I finally got an iPhone this week. I joined Tinder, because whatever, and probably my No. 1 complaint about it so far is the lack of Australian lacrosse players to choose from.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 20
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 56
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)