Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The story itself is fine. Scouts question whether Jeter is going to be able to get it done this year. Totally legit. I just didn’t see anyone talking about “The Great” Derek Jeter or the “miracles” he performs. How would that even go down?
Scout 1: Hey, Bob.
Scout 2: Hey Joe, what’s up
Scout 1: Kinda concerned the great Derek Jeter is out of miracles, Bob.
Scout 2: Jesus, Joe. Pull it together. You’re a professional scout for cryin’ out loud.
Jeter has been a fantastic player throughout his career. Yet the way Jeter is talked about as some other-worldly player cum deity drives people nuts.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)