Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The story itself is fine. Scouts question whether Jeter is going to be able to get it done this year. Totally legit. I just didn’t see anyone talking about “The Great” Derek Jeter or the “miracles” he performs. How would that even go down?
Scout 1: Hey, Bob.
Scout 2: Hey Joe, what’s up
Scout 1: Kinda concerned the great Derek Jeter is out of miracles, Bob.
Scout 2: Jesus, Joe. Pull it together. You’re a professional scout for cryin’ out loud.
Jeter has been a fantastic player throughout his career. Yet the way Jeter is talked about as some other-worldly player cum deity drives people nuts.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)