Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The story itself is fine. Scouts question whether Jeter is going to be able to get it done this year. Totally legit. I just didn’t see anyone talking about “The Great” Derek Jeter or the “miracles” he performs. How would that even go down?
Scout 1: Hey, Bob.
Scout 2: Hey Joe, what’s up
Scout 1: Kinda concerned the great Derek Jeter is out of miracles, Bob.
Scout 2: Jesus, Joe. Pull it together. You’re a professional scout for cryin’ out loud.
Jeter has been a fantastic player throughout his career. Yet the way Jeter is talked about as some other-worldly player cum deity drives people nuts.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)