Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The story itself is fine. Scouts question whether Jeter is going to be able to get it done this year. Totally legit. I just didn’t see anyone talking about “The Great” Derek Jeter or the “miracles” he performs. How would that even go down?
Scout 1: Hey, Bob.
Scout 2: Hey Joe, what’s up
Scout 1: Kinda concerned the great Derek Jeter is out of miracles, Bob.
Scout 2: Jesus, Joe. Pull it together. You’re a professional scout for cryin’ out loud.
Jeter has been a fantastic player throughout his career. Yet the way Jeter is talked about as some other-worldly player cum deity drives people nuts.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)