Mar 26, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The report from MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli …
Nolan Reimold was a scratch from Wednesday night’s starting lineup and he will start the season on the disabled list since he’s unable to play the outfield.
Reimold can swing a bat without issue, but the movement required of a major league outfielder remains out of his comfort zone. The former second-round pick has undergone two season-ending neck surgeries in the last two years and is still clearly bothered by whatever those procedures aimed to fix.
Reimold, 30, is a .252/.327/.439 career hitter in 1,056 major league plate appearances.
The Orioles aren’t guessing on a potential activation date. It could be a while.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)