Mar 26, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The report from MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli …
Nolan Reimold was a scratch from Wednesday night’s starting lineup and he will start the season on the disabled list since he’s unable to play the outfield.
Reimold can swing a bat without issue, but the movement required of a major league outfielder remains out of his comfort zone. The former second-round pick has undergone two season-ending neck surgeries in the last two years and is still clearly bothered by whatever those procedures aimed to fix.
Reimold, 30, is a .252/.327/.439 career hitter in 1,056 major league plate appearances.
The Orioles aren’t guessing on a potential activation date. It could be a while.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)