Mar 26, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals have signed reliever David Aardsma to a minor league contract. The Cards’ bullpen is pretty stocked, so he’ll likely serve as organizational depth.
Aardsma was released by the Indians onFriday. Last year he posted a 4.31 ERA and 1.46 WHIP over 43 relief appearances for the Mets.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 50
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)