Mar 26, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals have signed reliever David Aardsma to a minor league contract. The Cards’ bullpen is pretty stocked, so he’ll likely serve as organizational depth.
Aardsma was released by the Indians onFriday. Last year he posted a 4.31 ERA and 1.46 WHIP over 43 relief appearances for the Mets.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)