Mar 26, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals have signed reliever David Aardsma to a minor league contract. The Cards’ bullpen is pretty stocked, so he’ll likely serve as organizational depth.
Aardsma was released by the Indians onFriday. Last year he posted a 4.31 ERA and 1.46 WHIP over 43 relief appearances for the Mets.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)