Mar 26, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals have signed reliever David Aardsma to a minor league contract. The Cards’ bullpen is pretty stocked, so he’ll likely serve as organizational depth.
Aardsma was released by the Indians onFriday. Last year he posted a 4.31 ERA and 1.46 WHIP over 43 relief appearances for the Mets.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)