The Rangers announce “The Choomongous”

Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT

It’s cute when a team announces that it’s offering some new bacon burger or something. Because then you see what the Rangers are doing in Texas and it gives you a new appreciation for insane concessions. When it comes to this stuff y’all are playing checkers. The Rangers are playing chess.

In recent years they have featured “The Boomstick,” which is a 2-foot all-beef hot dog, smothered in chili, nacho cheese, jalapeños and caramelized onions, weighing a total of three pounds. Now they have these new things:

and

and

Then someone in my Twitter feed said that they sell “frozen beer” there too, which is a total gamechanger if I do say so myself.

1. anotheryx - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Thanks… now I will spend rest of my day trying to hunt down this “Hungarian bacon” thing

• jwbiii - Mar 26, 2014 at 11:05 PM

2. deathmonkey41 - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Honestly- my biggest issue with that is how do you eat that at a ballpark? You’ll be wearing most of it.

• kevinbnyc - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM

All part of the Rangers experience!

• captainwisdom8888 - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM

In your head, cant you see “that guy” with chili and cheese running down his shirt, a little cheese in the corner of his mouth. Screaming at the game with a mouth full of food, waving a spilling an $8 beer all over the poor quiet family in the row in front of them.

Lets all be that guy….. why not…its fun

3. nymets4ever - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

ugh.

4. Jonestein - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:37 PM

“Everything is bigger in Texas. Including the cholesterol counts and pants sizes.”

Hey! I resemble that remark!

5. historiophiliac - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM

They got pretty big margaritas at Arlington too. The thing with that spicy sammich is that you are going to have to make a choomongous donation in the ol’ water closet later. It burns!

• dondada10 - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM

That reminds me of my favorite literary sequel: The Diarrhea of Ann Frank.

• historiophiliac - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM

#ruinachildrensbook

6. blabidibla - Mar 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM

7. chill1184 - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I’m not gonna lie I would try the Pizza burger

8. jamesmfitzpatrick - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Given that it’s the Rangers and it is Asian food, shouldn’t it be called the “Yu-mongous?”

(No, it probably isn’t Japanese cuisine and doing so would then be racially insensitive. Yes, I was kidding)

All jokes aside, wow.

• birdman6824 - Mar 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM

inspired by recently acquired left fielder Shin-Soo Choo,. . . . According to reports from today’s press conference on the new concessions, the Choomongous is actually a two-foot-long, $26 Korean barbecue beef sandwich

• gloccamorra - Mar 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM

They should have priced it at $24, you know, for volume sales. Have three guys chip in $8 and get an 8-inch third of it. “Only a dollar an inch!”

9. baberuthslegs - Mar 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I hope they’ll cut that 24 inch sandwich into 4 pieces for you. You can feed yourself, the wife, and two kids.

10. jwbiii - Mar 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM

The Nationals seem to be doing ok in the absurdly large concession item arms race.

11. renaado - Mar 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Koreans are crying tears of joy right now :-).

• gloccamorra - Mar 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Betcha that’s Texas beef, spiced and prepared Korean-style.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (3035)