Mar 26, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
There is a pretty big demand for middle infielders among contending teams these days. The Yankees, the Tigers and now the Rangers either have age, injury or simple lack of quality to contend with among their infielders. And with Stephen Drew seemingly radioactive, there aren’t a lot of candidates around baseball to fill these holes.
There’s one in Chicago, though: T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers have been scouting the Cubs in recent days. Specifically, Darwin Barney, who would look pretty darn good in a playoff contender’s uniform. Other possibilities: Donnie Murphy and Luis Valbuena, though really, I’d want Barney if I could swing it.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)