Mar 26, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Guerra spent most of last season at Triple-A, making just nine (bad) appearances for the Dodgers and missing time with an elbow injury, but in 2011 and 2012 he posted a combined 2.45 ERA with 75 strikeouts in 92 innings.
His control is spotty and Guerra was never a great fit as a rookie closer in Los Angeles, but if healthy he’s well-suited for a middle relief gig and can help the White Sox.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)