Mar 26, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Guerra spent most of last season at Triple-A, making just nine (bad) appearances for the Dodgers and missing time with an elbow injury, but in 2011 and 2012 he posted a combined 2.45 ERA with 75 strikeouts in 92 innings.
His control is spotty and Guerra was never a great fit as a rookie closer in Los Angeles, but if healthy he’s well-suited for a middle relief gig and can help the White Sox.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 22
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)