Mar 27, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Patrick Corbin‘s elbow surgery opened the door for Archie Bradley to potentially grab a spot in Arizona’s rotation, but the Diamondbacks have decided that the 21-year-old top prospect could use a little more time in the minors.
Bradley posted a ridiculous 1.97 ERA in 21 starts at Double-A last season with a 119/59 K/BB ratio and just five homers allowed in 123 innings, but the right-hander struggled at times this spring.
General manager Kevin Towers has traded away a lot of young pitching talent while retaining Bradley and the seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft should be MLB-ready within a few months.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)