Mar 27, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Patrick Corbin‘s elbow surgery opened the door for Archie Bradley to potentially grab a spot in Arizona’s rotation, but the Diamondbacks have decided that the 21-year-old top prospect could use a little more time in the minors.
Bradley posted a ridiculous 1.97 ERA in 21 starts at Double-A last season with a 119/59 K/BB ratio and just five homers allowed in 123 innings, but the right-hander struggled at times this spring.
General manager Kevin Towers has traded away a lot of young pitching talent while retaining Bradley and the seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft should be MLB-ready within a few months.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)