Mar 27, 2014, 3:47 PM EST
Patrick Corbin‘s elbow surgery opened the door for Archie Bradley to potentially grab a spot in Arizona’s rotation, but the Diamondbacks have decided that the 21-year-old top prospect could use a little more time in the minors.
Bradley posted a ridiculous 1.97 ERA in 21 starts at Double-A last season with a 119/59 K/BB ratio and just five homers allowed in 123 innings, but the right-hander struggled at times this spring.
General manager Kevin Towers has traded away a lot of young pitching talent while retaining Bradley and the seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft should be MLB-ready within a few months.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)