Mar 27, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Doug Fister‘s spring has been a mess. It just got messier:
Doug Fister left a minor league start after one inning with a lat strain. Williams didn’t rule him out, but little chance he makes 1st start
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) March 27, 2014
He was pitching in a minor league game because he’s behind the rest of the Nats’ staff due to elbow tightness earlier this month.
Fister was a big get for the Nats this past offseason and, if he is the pitcher he was in Detroit, he represents a really nice upgrade for Washington. But one has to wonder now when the fans in D.C. will even see him.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11