Mar 28, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
This is . . . beautiful:
Barry Bonds and Jim Leyland will present Andrew McCutchen and Clint Hurdle with their MVP and NL manager of year awards on opening day.
— Bill Brink (@BrinkPG) March 28, 2014
It’s a little known fact, but Bonds presenting McCutchen with his MVP award is mandated by the Sportswriter Outrage Conservation Act of 2007. By doing this now, mere weeks after Bonds’ appearance at Giants camp, there will be at least a 54% savings in our sportswriter outrage resources, given that the previous outrage is still extant in the system and the large outrage-generating turbines housed in various underground bunkers around the United States will not have to be spun up from zero.
Smart move, Pirates. Thanks for thinking globally but acting locally.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)