Mar 28, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
This is . . . beautiful:
Barry Bonds and Jim Leyland will present Andrew McCutchen and Clint Hurdle with their MVP and NL manager of year awards on opening day.
— Bill Brink (@BrinkPG) March 28, 2014
It’s a little known fact, but Bonds presenting McCutchen with his MVP award is mandated by the Sportswriter Outrage Conservation Act of 2007. By doing this now, mere weeks after Bonds’ appearance at Giants camp, there will be at least a 54% savings in our sportswriter outrage resources, given that the previous outrage is still extant in the system and the large outrage-generating turbines housed in various underground bunkers around the United States will not have to be spun up from zero.
Smart move, Pirates. Thanks for thinking globally but acting locally.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15