Mar 28, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
You couldn’t pick the guys in the Rangers’ current rotation out of a lineup, but as of April 11 there will at least be a familiar name: Colby Lewis:
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) March 28, 2014
Lewis is coming off of hip surgery and hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012. But given how depleted the Rangers are at the moment, anything with a functioning arm is welcome.
He’s been beat around pretty badly this spring, but had a decent start against the Mariners on Wednesday so I suppose that’s hope. And I suppose he looks good compared to what Ron Washington will be running out there for the first couple weeks of the season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54