Mar 28, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Scott Miller reports that Matt Kemp says he is 100 percent and ready to be activated from the disabled list as soon as possible. As he was retroactively DL’ed, April 4 is the first day he is eligible to return and appears to be the target.
Kemp has been recovering from ankle surgery in October. During the off-season, Kemp said about being a part-time outfielder, “I won’t accept that role. I can’t accept that role.” As the Dodgers will have four outfielders — including Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, and Yasiel Puig — manager Don Mattingly will have a bit of a playing time issue on his hands.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)