Mar 28, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Scott Miller reports that Matt Kemp says he is 100 percent and ready to be activated from the disabled list as soon as possible. As he was retroactively DL’ed, April 4 is the first day he is eligible to return and appears to be the target.
Kemp has been recovering from ankle surgery in October. During the off-season, Kemp said about being a part-time outfielder, “I won’t accept that role. I can’t accept that role.” As the Dodgers will have four outfielders — including Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, and Yasiel Puig — manager Don Mattingly will have a bit of a playing time issue on his hands.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)