Mar 29, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Braves have finalized their injury-depleted starting rotation and have named David Hale their fourth starter, Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. One through five, their rotation will be:
Teheran will start on Opening Day, March 31, in Milwaukee against Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo. Newcomer Ervin Santana is expected to make his Braves debut in the second week of the season.
The Braves currently have three starting pitchers on the disabled list. Mike Minor went on the disabled list retroactive to March 21 with a shoulder injury and is expected to return towards the end of April. Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy will both miss the entire 2014 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Despite the injuries, the Braves are still expected to give the Nationals a run for their money in the NL East.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (136)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)