Mar 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue L.A. reports that the Dodgers have placed starter Clayton Kershaw on the disabled list with back inflammation. Stephen adds that Kershaw felt something awry when he threw today from an increased distance and intensity. They can place Kershaw on the DL retroactive to March 23.
Kershaw was already expected to miss his next start after making the Dodgers’ Opening Day start in Australia against the Diamondbacks.
Hyun-Jin Ryu will start on Sunday in San Diego in the Padres’ home opener, and on Friday against the Giants in the Dodgers’ home opener.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 0
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)