Mar 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue L.A. reports that the Dodgers have placed starter Clayton Kershaw on the disabled list with back inflammation. Stephen adds that Kershaw felt something awry when he threw today from an increased distance and intensity. They can place Kershaw on the DL retroactive to March 23.
Kershaw was already expected to miss his next start after making the Dodgers’ Opening Day start in Australia against the Diamondbacks.
Hyun-Jin Ryu will start on Sunday in San Diego in the Padres’ home opener, and on Friday against the Giants in the Dodgers’ home opener.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)