Mar 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue L.A. reports that the Dodgers have placed starter Clayton Kershaw on the disabled list with back inflammation. Stephen adds that Kershaw felt something awry when he threw today from an increased distance and intensity. They can place Kershaw on the DL retroactive to March 23.
Kershaw was already expected to miss his next start after making the Dodgers’ Opening Day start in Australia against the Diamondbacks.
Hyun-Jin Ryu will start on Sunday in San Diego in the Padres’ home opener, and on Friday against the Giants in the Dodgers’ home opener.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)