Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders.
The rotation will include Jorge De La Rosa, Brett Anderson, Tyler Chatwood, Juan Nicasio, and Franklin Morales. The bullpen will have LaTroy Hawkins, Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez, Matt Belisle, Adam Ottavino, Chad Bettis, and Tommy Kahnle.
Jordan Pacheco will be the back-up to Wilin Rosario at catcher. Justin Morneau, D.J. LeMahieu, Troy Tulowitzki, and Nolan Arenado make up the starting infield, while Charlie Culberson will be the utility man. The starting outfield will include Carlos Gonzalez, Drew Stubbs, and Michael Cuddyer, while Charlie Blackmon,Corey Dickerson, and Brandon Barnes will be the reserves.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)