Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders.
The rotation will include Jorge De La Rosa, Brett Anderson, Tyler Chatwood, Juan Nicasio, and Franklin Morales. The bullpen will have LaTroy Hawkins, Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez, Matt Belisle, Adam Ottavino, Chad Bettis, and Tommy Kahnle.
Jordan Pacheco will be the back-up to Wilin Rosario at catcher. Justin Morneau, D.J. LeMahieu, Troy Tulowitzki, and Nolan Arenado make up the starting infield, while Charlie Culberson will be the utility man. The starting outfield will include Carlos Gonzalez, Drew Stubbs, and Michael Cuddyer, while Charlie Blackmon,Corey Dickerson, and Brandon Barnes will be the reserves.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 22
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (82)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)