Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders.
The rotation will include Jorge De La Rosa, Brett Anderson, Tyler Chatwood, Juan Nicasio, and Franklin Morales. The bullpen will have LaTroy Hawkins, Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez, Matt Belisle, Adam Ottavino, Chad Bettis, and Tommy Kahnle.
Jordan Pacheco will be the back-up to Wilin Rosario at catcher. Justin Morneau, D.J. LeMahieu, Troy Tulowitzki, and Nolan Arenado make up the starting infield, while Charlie Culberson will be the utility man. The starting outfield will include Carlos Gonzalez, Drew Stubbs, and Michael Cuddyer, while Charlie Blackmon,Corey Dickerson, and Brandon Barnes will be the reserves.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 27
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)