Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders.
The rotation will include Jorge De La Rosa, Brett Anderson, Tyler Chatwood, Juan Nicasio, and Franklin Morales. The bullpen will have LaTroy Hawkins, Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez, Matt Belisle, Adam Ottavino, Chad Bettis, and Tommy Kahnle.
Jordan Pacheco will be the back-up to Wilin Rosario at catcher. Justin Morneau, D.J. LeMahieu, Troy Tulowitzki, and Nolan Arenado make up the starting infield, while Charlie Culberson will be the utility man. The starting outfield will include Carlos Gonzalez, Drew Stubbs, and Michael Cuddyer, while Charlie Blackmon,Corey Dickerson, and Brandon Barnes will be the reserves.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)