Mar 29, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The O.co Coliseum is a shambles right now, and has been for quite some time. D.J. Short wrote about the latest flooding earlier today, and we have written about it in the past (September 18, September 21, and another one from September 21). The Coliseum is the fifth-oldest ballpark in baseball behind Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Dodger Stadium, and Angel Stadium. The A’s badly need a new stadium, but that’s no secret.
“@joshreddick16: Back in Oakland? Sewage problems in clubhouse!! Yep. We are BACK BABAY!” Commitment To Excrement! Just win baby!
— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) March 29, 2014
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or in the case of the O.co Coliseum… wait, I shouldn’t finish this joke.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)