Mar 29, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The O.co Coliseum is a shambles right now, and has been for quite some time. D.J. Short wrote about the latest flooding earlier today, and we have written about it in the past (September 18, September 21, and another one from September 21). The Coliseum is the fifth-oldest ballpark in baseball behind Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Dodger Stadium, and Angel Stadium. The A’s badly need a new stadium, but that’s no secret.
“@joshreddick16: Back in Oakland? Sewage problems in clubhouse!! Yep. We are BACK BABAY!” Commitment To Excrement! Just win baby!
— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) March 29, 2014
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or in the case of the O.co Coliseum… wait, I shouldn’t finish this joke.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)