Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
The Montreal Gazette is reporting that an unidentified fan fell from the Olympic Stadium stands during Friday night’s game between the Mets and Blue Jays in Montreal and is in critical condition.
A release stated that the man fell while walking to his seat, dropping 30-45 feet to the ground below. No further information was provided, except to say that the police does “fear for his life at this time.”
Friday’s game at Olympic Stadium was the first between major league teams in the 10 years since the Expos left for Washington D.C. It featured a ceremony honoring the late Hall of Famer Gary Carter, whose widow was in attendance. The announced attendance was 46,121, a larger crowd than the Expos drew in any of their home games in their final four years in existence. In 2004, the team averaged less than 10,000 people per home game.
The Blue Jays ended up winning the game 5-4.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)