Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
The Montreal Gazette is reporting that an unidentified fan fell from the Olympic Stadium stands during Friday night’s game between the Mets and Blue Jays in Montreal and is in critical condition.
A release stated that the man fell while walking to his seat, dropping 30-45 feet to the ground below. No further information was provided, except to say that the police does “fear for his life at this time.”
Friday’s game at Olympic Stadium was the first between major league teams in the 10 years since the Expos left for Washington D.C. It featured a ceremony honoring the late Hall of Famer Gary Carter, whose widow was in attendance. The announced attendance was 46,121, a larger crowd than the Expos drew in any of their home games in their final four years in existence. In 2004, the team averaged less than 10,000 people per home game.
The Blue Jays ended up winning the game 5-4.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)