Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
The Montreal Gazette is reporting that an unidentified fan fell from the Olympic Stadium stands during Friday night’s game between the Mets and Blue Jays in Montreal and is in critical condition.
A release stated that the man fell while walking to his seat, dropping 30-45 feet to the ground below. No further information was provided, except to say that the police does “fear for his life at this time.”
Friday’s game at Olympic Stadium was the first between major league teams in the 10 years since the Expos left for Washington D.C. It featured a ceremony honoring the late Hall of Famer Gary Carter, whose widow was in attendance. The announced attendance was 46,121, a larger crowd than the Expos drew in any of their home games in their final four years in existence. In 2004, the team averaged less than 10,000 people per home game.
The Blue Jays ended up winning the game 5-4.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 1
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 24
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 43
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 18
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)