Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
The Montreal Gazette is reporting that an unidentified fan fell from the Olympic Stadium stands during Friday night’s game between the Mets and Blue Jays in Montreal and is in critical condition.
A release stated that the man fell while walking to his seat, dropping 30-45 feet to the ground below. No further information was provided, except to say that the police does “fear for his life at this time.”
Friday’s game at Olympic Stadium was the first between major league teams in the 10 years since the Expos left for Washington D.C. It featured a ceremony honoring the late Hall of Famer Gary Carter, whose widow was in attendance. The announced attendance was 46,121, a larger crowd than the Expos drew in any of their home games in their final four years in existence. In 2004, the team averaged less than 10,000 people per home game.
The Blue Jays ended up winning the game 5-4.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)